Sunday 1 October 2017

Still Plodding Along

Image result for catalonia flag

update


I am still actively participating in the markets. I took pretty much the whole of July and August off because I was either on holiday, didn't have any trade signals or couldn't locate my interest in the markets. And I got back to trading "proper" in September.


positions


1. Long Copper: Bought in November 2016 on a monthly bullish domino candle, "Trump/reflation trade" or whatever people are calling now. I'm up about 1R, it's pulling back but I'm not particularly bothered. My stop is more or less at breakeven, I haven't got any signals to sell and personally I think Trump will manage to do something vaguely pro-business, so just going to let it run.

2. Long GBPNZD: Bought this first week of September, it's sitting around +1R. Stop's at breakeven, it's going sideways, again just letting it run. I think the GBP is undervalued, Carney is a moron and the Kiwi economy is boring. I'm probably wrong on all fronts but I'm willing to live with that.

3. Long GBPJPY: Bought this second week of September it's sitting around BE. Stop's at 50%, it's going sideways, again just letting it run. Even if the UK is weak I think the BoE will raise rates slowly ( IMO 80% chance of 0.25% hike and 20% chance of 0.5% hike in November) and the BoJ is committed to buying Japanese bonds for well, ever. If I'm right I'll clean up, If I'm wrong, that's what the stops there for.


potential positions


End of the month and I've got some monthly candles to choose from. The bolded FX  is the direction I would be going.

  • AUDCHF: Price action is stuck in a monthly range, so no.
  • AUDJPY: Price action quite "step-py" which will likely make reaching PT and holding to PT difficult, so no thanks.
  • CADCHF: Price action is stuck in a 3-year tight range, no.
  • EURGBP: Not a huge amount of profit potential and I am too emotionally involved in this pair. 
  • NZDCAD: The range makes PT pathetic.
  • GBPJPY: Monthly bullish domino candle adds conviction to my current long GBPJPY trade, so might, on this rare occasion average down on a PB. 
  • USDCAD: I like this one. The USD is oversold, Trump sentiment is so low, even him farting would surprise on the upside. The signals good and there is an easy 1:1.5 there. I'll have a go on this.

  • EURCHF: I'm going to short this. 1. The signals good on the MN and W1 charts, 2. there's an easy 1:1.5 and 3. What happened in Catalonia today is fucking disgusting.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are an approved Category A member of the financial-commission which is one of the world's leading External Dispute Resolution organizations.

    ReplyDelete