Thursday 19 February 2015

R+3: 2 Wins, Both Mismanaged

intro: Prepped charts this morning and got some trades but like yesterday, had some external factors that pulled me away from the charts.

observations: Got short the EU and EJ at H4 and M30 supply respectively. Took profit earlier than my set profit targets on both as both up an acceptable amount and I had to go out.

summary: Not quite as black and white as you would think.  I didn't follow the trade plan but then I had to go out for an unspecified amount of time, during which I obviously couldn't manage the trades as I was meant to (trail my stops).  What does one do in these circumstances. Do you close it out in profit knowing it might go further? or accept it might go against you and hold for what might be a loss? Personally not sure and going to ask my coach about this.

UPDATE: heard back from my coach here's what Paul said...
"With regards to your post and your quandary you have a few options:

1.       Set and forget: just leave it with stops and targets in place and walk away
2.       Use a trailing stop – if your broker provides that facility
3.       Exit when you have to leave

For intra-day trades I tend to favour more option 3. I know for myself that I am at my happiest when I make strong decisions. So if I have to go out I either a) don’t trade or b) exit when I have to leave.  There is also the option to tighten up your stop.

Ultimately trying to second-guess the market is usually pointless and just burns up emotional energy. Focus on strong decisions rather than outcomes as that way you’ll be building confidence and self—belief."

morning prep...

afternoon summary...



EU Trade

EJ Trade

5 comments:

  1. Dang...that EU trade was pretty! A 123 setup on the LTF charts as well - nice one -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey George,
    You are really branching out here with the new blog and the on screen action, great.
    If i may with the greatest respect mention to check for an adjustment.
    If you could check with your mates the level of setting or placement of the microphone .....or it could quiet well be possible something wrong with my reception.
    You see, even when I "turn everything up" it is still hard to hear what you are saying.
    Keep up the good work; even though you have to squeeze it into your daily "events?"
    I hope you understand and the problem could be at my end.
    Cheers
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry George as you were. I have just realized the problem is at my end because I clicked on one of those blogs you have in the margin and their voice comes across at the same level. One of the effects is when i turn the volume up and then I will get a alert bell on my trading platform goes off and nearly bursts my ear drums.
    Always fills in the day working these things out;)
    Excuse the presumption ..no reply.
    Cheers
    P.

    ReplyDelete