Thursday 16 April 2015

R-2: Both Trades Stopped, Shorting at Bad Supply

EU Trade: Shorted at incorrect Supply level (Pivot high in an uptrend).

EJ Trade:  Shorted at poor Supply (Pivot high in an upswing/trend).

intro: Took 2 short trades from weak supply levels because they (the supply levels) originated in an up trend, not down trend. 

thoughts: something felt wrong/off about these trades from the start but perfectly fitted my trade plan so couldn't not take them. In all the probably hundred plus Seiden articles I've read he's never mentioned finding supply levels from down trend price action or demand levels from up trend price action but feel like I'm making a valid point here and my Monday and Tuesday "good" trades corroborate it. (I guess his articles are free so he can't give up all the knowledge he expects people to pay for).

summary: 2 losses but feels like for the greater cause. The observation above/lesson below feels like a cheap one to potentially improve my edge quite a bit. Would like to say that despite the losses like a said yesterday this "set and forget" trading is easy and this is because I'm not wrestling emotions.

lesson: Find potential demand levels in uptrend price action, find potential supply levels in downtrend price action.

video:

No comments:

Post a Comment