Sunday 7 August 2016

MOTR Trade 10 R+0.2

So I got long the NZDUSD...

prep


Technically this pair met all my criteria, momentum and trend both up and price experiencing a deep pullback.

On the macro point of view there was an issue, Fed policy was due in 2 days however my trade plan allows me to trade this, provided I close a few hours before the data is due, which is what I did.

thought


Price initially went my way by R+1 or more, then fluctuated before the fed announcement (I exited just prior to the durable goods report). I do wonder if price initially goes in my favour by quite some way, whether I might be able to hold on to this kind of trade in the future (as you can see the MFE on this trade was R+4.4).

This thought alone shows a hole in my trading plan/strategy; I don't know at what point (before hitting my target) a trade is a success. Definitely something for me to mull over and research! Ultimately my numbers are going to have to dictate my action here.

NZDUSD Long

No comments:

Post a Comment