Saturday 7 May 2016

R+0.1 GBPUSD Short

So earlier in the week I found that the GU was in MOTR S (a nice down trend) and had experienced a deep pullback to a W1 supply level, I waited for a entry signal, which turned out to be a Bear EP and took a short with a 70% stop as the pattern was quite large.

Perhaps if the trade had gone more in my favour by Friday morning I would have held through NFPs. But I mentioned to Paul and Reg that I was feeling a bit of "hope" and they noted that usually means you've lost your edge, which certainly matched the inner voice I was trying to silence.

Both suggested tightening the SL and PT and lightening up. But as I was already going for quite a small target of 261.8 it didn't really seem worth the risk.  Perhaps if 423.6 legitimately had a chance of being reached I would have felt differently but there were a lot of steps in the way. So I closed the position for break even Friday morning.

P/L:R+0.1    Exe:4     Per:3

No comments:

Post a Comment