Thursday 19 March 2015

R-0.7: 2 Losses

EU trade: Short with long term trend down at H4 supply , but supply level was old.

EJ trade: Short with long term trend down at H4 supply , but supply level was old.

intro: Ultimately was thinking of not trading today as had a busy day and FOMC this evening meant price might be congested.  However ultimately I want to trade and get my experience of managing risk up.  Not the best trades off old levels of supply with demand beneath but the best of a bad situation.  I could either short with the long term trend down at a longer term supply level, or buy counter trend at an old level of short term demand. So I stand by my trades.

thoughts: managed risk better today trailing first , but because price had made a decent pivot high on the M5 , and ultimately exiting on a time stop after 3 bars of no progression.  However I should have got at the end of the bar and not waited 5 mins after.

summary: Made the best of what the market offered me, these were not trades I would normally take but building experience feel most important at the moment as I need to get my trading working soon.

lessons: 1. On time stops exit immediately after the third bar, it's had plenty of time an extra 5 mins aren't going to do much! 2.  Stick to Seiden's entry parameters

today's trading:

No comments:

Post a Comment