Sunday 15 March 2015

R+0.2: 2 Losses, 1 Win

EJ trade: problems started here with incorrect trail stop method.

EU trade: problems continued here from EJ fear of "loss of momentum" overflow.

GU trade: correct trail method,  could've held longer but happy with breakeven for day given busy afternoon.

intro: Last night I got very overexcited thinking about managing risk and started writing a post on it.  One new method I thought of was tracking trend bars highs or lows with trade as a trailing stop method.  I implemented this on the EJ trade, it got stopped out early, made me doubt momentum in the EU trade because of the high correlation between the EU and EJ, which made me exit the EU discretionary. However I managed to hold the GU and use the correct M5 pivot high trail method and clawed back into the black.

thoughts: NA

summary: All started with using the incorrect trail stop method, but all fixed with the correct trail stop method.

lesson: You trade momentum, so you must track momentum moves (pivot highs/lows) when trailing stop, albeit in a smaller time frame,

trading day:

No comments:

Post a Comment